Figure Site and Shop Forum[MFC Partner][Web Shop] BigBadToyStore

• Nash
    NashRegular Boarder • lv16
    Offline267 Antworten
    Vor 10 Jahren
    MFC Shops Feedback & Rating Page

Anyone dealt with www.bigbadtoyst... before? How was your experience?
  • psich
    psichGhost • lv18
    Offline265 Antworten
    Vor 10 Jahren
    Huh, that's weird. I could've sworn that there was a forum topic on BBTS before, but I guess not. I thought I posted there =\\

Kinda long post, but...
    Anyways, I have dealt with them previously, and I've been satisfied so far. My first order with them was back during December before Christmas, and they were very quick to respond to my order (well, it was Christmas after all).

Email replies generally take one to two days, but there were some times when I got a response within an hour or two, especially if you email them in the morning.

Their prices are a bit more expensive than let's say AmiAmi, or the other Japanese Stores, but compared to some other domestic stores, it's not that much more. For one thing, they don't price gouge items if they're really rare/popular *cough*Toylet, Toyslogic*cough* and their shipping system is pretty good too.

Their stock status is live, and there's a neat little trick that you can use to see how much of an item they have left in stock. This works only for in-stock items though. You can add to cart, but put in some really high number. The site would auto-adjust your order to show that there's only so-and-so amount left in stock.

Another thing that might be of concern would be their pre-orders. They tend to get their stuff kinda late, and their pre-order estimate dates aren't completely correct. Some of them are grossly off, while others are kinda "early" in the sense that the domestic stores shouldn't be getting them that quickly. They don't update their pre-order dates if there's a delay or something even when there is news about it.
    Also related to this would be that they sometimes (very rarely) list an item with a pre-order date that's way past due, when in fact they probably won't be getting a new shipment from the manufacturer. Happened for me with Nendo Tachikoma Blue. Didn't know how rare it was at first, but placed a pre-order back in November 2009, and questioned their October 2009 pre-order date. They replied saying they might get a restock, but a few weeks later they emailed me back saying they aren't able to get it (considering it's so rare, it's understandable).
    So yea, word of warning for pre-ordering. I'm not in a terrible rush to receive some items though, as BBTS is one of my later resorts if I can't find something elsewhere.

Currently, I have a second order in with them, but I'm waiting until some more stuff comes in to use their Pile-of-Loot system, which gives you a storage time of three months to reduce on shipping. Shipping prices aren't that bad; I think a 1/7 or 1/8 figure would be around $7 or $8 USD if it's just by itself, and for each moderately sized item that you add on, it'll be roughly $1 or $2 on top of that. My order right now has three scaled figures, two Nendoroids and one that I'm not too certain of (probably a blister on cardboard), and the the shipping for that is around $16.
    http://i407.photobucket.com/albums/pp158/chronos184/MFC/yuukasig.jpg. . . . . . . . . . .http://i407.photobucket.com/albums/pp158/chronos184/MFC/overdrive2.gif
  • C221
    C221Regular Boarder • lv13
    Offline291 Antworten
    Vor 10 Jahren
    I bought Magical Amber from them pretty recently. I was a little skeptical because it was $20 cheaper than I had seen it in most places, but I went for it, dropped a quick email with a few questions. They answered almost within the hour, and it was shipped out the next morning.
    So, my experience with them is good.
    http://i828.photobucket.com/albums/zz204/C2215/Picture3-1-1.png
  • Yukimura
    YukimuraRegular Boarder • lv10
    Offline71 Antworten
    Vor 10 Jahren
    yes , they are nice if you want to buy some stuff that is sold out everywhere.They are a bit late with new stuff tho.It takes them a few months to receive items that are released and they have some fake preorder items.I have Nyx preorder on them for 2 years now lol and they just extent item arrival date every time.
  • Nash
    Offline267 Antworten
    Vor 10 Jahren
    Thanks for the feedback, everyone.

But "fake" preorder items? Is that like counterfeits?
  • Yukimura
    Offline71 Antworten
    Vor 10 Jahren
    How should I put it....lets say you want to buy Nyx and it says in stock on February 2010.When February comes it says in stock on April 2010 and so on.
    They pull that crap on many preorders for years.Mostly on figures that are all out of stock in all shops for a looong time.As for the new releases they are late about month-two
  • mangasus90
    mangasus90Ghost • lv23
    Offline814 Antworten
    Vor 10 Jahren
    Lack of figures T__T..... However good price and nice service ^__^.
  • Nash
    Offline267 Antworten
    Vor 10 Jahren
    So they can't keep to release dates of preordered items. That's good to know.
  • Yukimura
    Offline71 Antworten
    Vor 10 Jahren
    I buy from them only when figures I want are sold out in all other places.They are not cheap either.
  • Nash
    Offline267 Antworten
    Vor 10 Jahren
    The stuffs I ordered from them finally arrived. While the insides appear to be perfect, the outside package was far from pristine despite how the outer box and the other padding materials that accompanied the items were unharmed.

Funny business, this.

Somehow, I wonder if the box was already in this condition when it left their original location. =/
  • psich
    psichGhost • lv18
    Offline265 Antworten
    Vor 10 Jahren • Aktualisiert Vor 10 Jahren
    Sorry if my other post was a bit long, but looks like I forgot to add this. Like Yukimura said, they tend to get their stuff a little more than a month later, but that's the case for most US stores. They need to wait until their large shipments arrive from Japan.

As for the lack of figures, they're not specially oriented towards Japanese figures. I believe they started adding more and more over the years, with their main focus on figures from American comics, GI Joe, Transformers, and Star Wars, but they do have an ok selection.

@Nash
    So the figure box was damaged? And how badly damaged was it? They usually tell you the grading system that they have for items when you buy them as well, with various grades of almost mint or even slightly worn boxes. If it wasn't as described you could try to email their customer service.

EDIT: I forgot to add that they ship out the "nicer" boxes out first to people who placed their order earlier. (DUH OBVIOUS)

@Yukimura
    You still don't have that two year pre-order with them do you? Might be better to email them about so they know about the issue. I had to email them regarding the Tachikoma Blue Nendoroid pre-order I described in my other post.
    http://i407.photobucket.com/albums/pp158/chronos184/MFC/yuukasig.jpg. . . . . . . . . . .http://i407.photobucket.com/albums/pp158/chronos184/MFC/overdrive2.gif
  • itachi377
    itachi377Regular Boarder • lv14
    Offline93 Antworten
    Vor 10 Jahren
    I got my Alter 1/7 Subaru from this place. The order took awhile but it was the Holidays. The figure came nicely packaged.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v202/New_York_Kid/K-Onsignature-1.jpg
  • Nash
    Offline267 Antworten
    Vor 10 Jahren
    Honestly, it's not that bad. None of those torn in half kind of misery that some people had to put up with other stores.

It just isn't as pristine as I'd initially hoped for, and certainly not up to what I understood of the highest grade they used to describe the item on their website. Let's just say that I've seen better conditions from other stores, and yet their s&h don't cost as much.
  • Yukimura
    Offline71 Antworten
    Vor 10 Jahren
    @psich
    What can I tell them? "half of your anime figures are on preorder for years".It's not just Nyx I saw tones of long sold out queens blade and ikkitousen figures with preorder tags that just extends as times goes by.
  • psich
    psichGhost • lv18
    Offline265 Antworten
    Vor 10 Jahren
    Yukimura@psich
    What can I tell them? "half of your anime figures are on preorder for years".It's not just Nyx I saw tones of long sold out queens blade and ikkitousen figures with preorder tags that just extends as times goes by.

Even if that's the case, you don't need to alert them of all of their figures. That'll take way too much time, be too good of a thing to do, and just insane. XD
    Why take on extra work for yourself right? Just ask them about your stuff.

How are they responding to your emails about Nyx though? It took them a day to respond to my Tachikoma pre-order saying that they were expecting it later on that month. A month later, they found out from their supplier that they were sold out.
    The "2nd Quarter 2010" release date for Nyx is very suspicious though, especially since she's been out for more than two years now. =\\
    Hope everything works out for you.
  • Genshijin
    GenshijinRegular Boarder • lv15
    Offline64 Antworten
    Vor 10 Jahren
    Had a figure arrive with a perfect box, but somehow part of the figure inside was broken. It wasn't too hard to fix, but I told them about the issue and they offered me a whopping $50 in store credit as a consolation. (I could have also received a full refund, since this was the last of this figure they had, but it was an easy repair so I just took the credit.)

Now I just need to figure out what to apply the credit to...
    MFC's Toyslogic representative!

www.toyslogic.c...
  • Suokun
    SuokunRegular Boarder • lv15
    Offline213 Antworten
    Vor 10 Jahren
    Got my three FFXIII Play-Arts from them. It wasn't as expensive as other places, bu it wasn't cheap either. Can't complain about the service though. Pre-ordered and received it on good time. The only problem was with customs here. They hold the EMS for a really, really long time.
  • Celtic7Guardian
    Celtic7GuardianRegular Boarder • lv25
    Offline2,618 Antworten
    Vor 10 Jahren
    I just got my first order from them. It was a Sheik statue on clearance for about $70, which seemed like a total bargain since I wanted her badly. They said her box was in ratty condition but the figure herself had never been opened. Actually, other than a few hard-to-see scratches and a banged up corner in the back, the box looks totally fine to me. The figure was sealed as promised and in great shape when I opened her up for an examination. The shipment got to me fast and the item was nicely protected in good bubblewrap. Excellent experience, if they have any other items that I can't find or are on sale for a good price, I'll be making another purchase.
  • Elly
    EllyRegular Boarder • lv19
    Offline225 Antworten
    Vor 10 Jahren
    My experience with them have been great. While they don't have as much anime stuff (their stock is more American comics/movies oriented), they do have some rare stuff that you won't be able to find anywhere else. I've gotten a few rare beauties, which is why I check them out every once in awhile.

But yes, good shop! :Db
    http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e290/ellyberry/homura2.gif

I will save you.
  • neko8124
    neko8124Regular Boarder • lv16
    Offline100 Antworten
    Vor 10 Jahren
    Good store I have ordered from them many times . Cheap prices for Amreican toys but Pricey for japanese items

NashAnyone dealt with www.bigbadtoyst... before? How was your experience?
  • Dem Club beitreten um sich der Diskussion anzuschließen.
  • 41 Antworten